10 months ago
I’m looking for a sensational Social Media Strategist to support the global social media communication efforts, playing the lead role in driving best in class strategies across various business lines of this global financial services giant!
You will work closely with the Head of Social Media Strategy and play a crucial role in the development of numerous multi-channel content strategies and campaigns relating to different areas across the business. Along with the responsibility to oversee content production and editorial calendars, you will lead the social and community managers and act as the trusted advisor on all social media matters, working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders as well as local and regional communications managers.
This is an exciting, varied role and would be ideal for a strong social media strategist who is looking to make their mark in a very well established, corporate environment.
Key Accountabilities for Senior Social Media Strategist
- Assist Head of Social Media Strategy in the development of a social media content strategy and its associated budget across campaigns and channels
- Help implement a social and digital process, overseeing the content calendar and development and production of content and copy
- Develop cohesive social media principles and crisis comms where appropriate
- Manage agencies, publishers, platforms (directly and indirectly) and other partners to build, execute and measure social media plans that connect with stakeholders, maximize engagement and create advocacy
- Lead the social and community manager
- Work with other communications, marketing, HR, risk etc. teams to support any social media activity around announcements, key events and campaigns; deliver cohesive and detailed plans across all social media outlets
- Work collaboratively with other communications teams to support and make the most out content and platforms available
- Support in the management of social media content creation to maintain editorial and production standards
Person Specification for Senior Social Media Strategist:
- Excellent understanding of social media and its use by corporates, the media and wider public.
- A strong storyteller and creative professional who can advise on solutions for content.
- Experience of driving conversation and moderating social media channels
- Ability to plan, prioritise and to escalate where necessary
- Ability to ensure ideas are followed through and turned into content
- Ability to direct agency on content required and ensure the delivery matches what’s being requested
- Comfortable working under time and volume pressures
- Continual awareness of excellence and the cutting edge in the social media and content world
- A team player who takes pride in helping creative businesses succeed
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships among internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in an agency role a plus
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.