£50,000 to £60,000
4 months ago
Head of Marketing and Communications – 12 Month FTC – Housing Association
My client is a Housing Association based in Surrey that is going through significant change with organisational change, commercial growth and a need to strengthen communication with their customers. They therefore want to strengthen this function with more dedicated resources. These resources will support a new strategy which has also been approved.
The new communications and marketing strategy has identified audiences targeted for specific high level strategic messages. The strategy runs over 3 years.
In order to deliver this strategic step change, they are looking for someone who has experience of leading marketing and communications and overseeing multiple strands of a communication and marketing strategy, able to take an overarching view where necessary and step into the detail when needed.
The Senior Marketing and Communication Manager will be responsible for:
- Develop strategies which will effectively manage messages (including campaigns) to deliver communications in line with brand narrative and guidelines – specifically write the Internal Communications, Customer and Commercial marketing plans.
- Align communications strategies to the strategic plan and organisational change strategy. These strategies will ensure the ‘ambition’ for each audience is realised.
- Undertake stakeholder mapping, agree the messages they want to reach their stakeholders and agree a programme of activities and communications to engage with stakeholders to achieve their business aims for each 12 month period.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the strategy, performance objectives and measures are managed, ensuring the strategy is targeted and effective.
- Lead the corporate Marketing and Communications Group which brings together all the communications and marketing functions, reviewing progress against the Group Communications Plan. This group also reviews the tactical effectiveness of recent activity, ensuring they’re continuously learning.
- Periodically report to the Leadership Team on the progress of the strategy
- Lead in developing contacts with the media, proactively nurturing relationships maintaining a high and positive profile, regionally and nationally.
- Person Specification for the Senior Marketing and Communication Manager:
- Creating and delivering commercial marketing strategies.
- Creating and delivering communications strategies.
- Experience of change/engagement communications through large scale change programmes.
- Delivering traditional and digital marketing strategies.
- Organisational transformation and strategic workforce planning.
- Managing the media and brand to different audiences / guidelines.
- Managing design and other creative agencies, to best apply the brand narrative.
- Experience of developing staff intranet.
- Experience of developing content generation plans.