The Public Affairs Manager will be developing, managing and executing the company’s strategy in the Netherlands vis-à-vis legislative initiatives impacting the current and future business. Specifically the role will support the Deputy Head of Corporate Affairs in delivering the agenda in the Netherlands to create time, space and opportunities for commercial growth and benefit.
- Develop & maintain an in-depth understanding of the political and regulatory issues affecting the company’s business in the Netherlands.
- Analyse political developments, track regulatory changes and report internally.
- Manage the development and execution of the Corporate Affairs strategy / political campaigns in the Netherlands - including through pro-active engagement with key stakeholders.
- Coordinate all presentations, inquiries and responses involving regulatory and legislative groups.
- Take the lead in stakeholder engagement in the Netherlands. Establish and maintain a wide network & positive relationships with government agencies, members of Parliament and other regulatory authorities.
- Provide long-term strategic direction for Corporate Affairs.
- Represent the company in industry association(s) at public affairs working group level.
- Support secretariat of industry association(s) with position papers and other relevant information.
- Advise internal business clients on issues (impact, process, strategy).
- Manage the [social] media footprint and activities, in close coordination with the BeNeLux-France Cluster Communications Manager.
- Minimum of 5 up to 10 years of working experience in a Public Affairs / Communications role, preferably within FMCG business, consultancy or Institutions. With Proven track record of both media and public affairs achievements.
- Master’s degree in related subject e.g. Law/Economics/Finance/Politics, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough understanding of political processes in general; intimate knowledge of Dutch institutions and the political landscape with pre-existing contacts in the political world.
- Ability to package complex information into concise messages relevant for different stakeholders.
- Commercial mind set.
- Excellent analytical skills which enable quick but in depth analysis of legislation to be presented as concrete challenges for the organization.
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner and defend its interests.
- Good communicator with excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Fluency in Dutch and English.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.