8 months ago
The Manager, Media Research and Analysis supports the Head of Corporate Media and Issues Management by evaluating and measuring the external voice, footprint and reputation of the firm as experienced and interpreted by the media.
The role will not involve directly dealing with the media. Its primary responsibilities are to:
- Measure the corporate reputation of through the Reputation Index
- Re-energise our approach to media and social media monitoring
- Work with colleagues in global marketing to support integrated Clear Choice reporting
- Work closely with member firms to ensure firms standing in the media is being monitored, evaluated and reported.
- Provide the leadership of the network more broadly with timely reports on relevant issues in the media together and rapid han-dling advice whenever an issue in the media emerges that could threaten firms reputation.
- Ensure the head of media in each member firm is provided with the insights and advice on all relevant issues that could appear in the firm’s local media.
- Design a system for measuring the strengths and weaknesses of member firm’s media relationships.
- A strong understanding of press office / media practices, methodologies and trends
- A strong understanding of traditional media, digital and social platforms to achieve external affairs objectives
- Advanced understanding of methodologies for media evaluation
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with public relations experience
Description of level of Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, journalism, media studies, public relations or a related field
Professional post-graduate qualification preferred
Please describe below experiences/knowledge required:
- Experience in media relations and analysis
- Experience working in a complex international or diverse cross-cultural environment ideally gained in a professional services firm
- A track record of development of and implementing forward-thinking approaches to strategic challenges that have a lasting impact on the organisation and its operating performance
- Experience of transformational change within organisations or teams arising from the introduction of new technologies or processes, ideally with experience of managed collaboration to effect the transformation
- Comfortable with complexity and finding a new path or solution coupled with strong business acumen
- Strong influencing skills, an ability to articulate clear, compelling ideas and to persuade others to take action; confident and effective interacting with senior business leaders
- Collaborative and with the ability to establish and build strong, professional relationships both internally and externally
- Strong leadership skills and team and people development skills, role modelling ethical and collaborative working, and able to foster a creative and inclusive working environment
- Strong client service orientation
- Willingness to travel internationally