North East London
Up to £29,948 plus great bens including free lunch!
about 1 year ago
Internal Communications Officer (Strategic), 2 year Fixed term contract
Location: North East London - Chingford
£29,948 base salary plus subsidised lunch!
28 days holiday plus time off between Christmas and New Year,
Healthcare, gym discount, great pension and other benefits.
Great company culture
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join an exciting charity as they have just launched their new strategic plan, aiming to prepare better futures for young people across the UK. This organisation has created a plan that aims to have prepared more young people with skills for life by 2023. This will involve them being supported by leaders who will deliver an inspiring programme. This means that the business will be growing more inclusive, being shaped by young people and making a bigger impact on their communities.
This role is a 2 year fixed term contract positioned in the department of Communications and Marketing.
Your purpose will be to lead the planning and delivery of all member communications specifically related to the changes the new strategy will bring about for the organisation. You will liaise closely with the teams working on the programme as well as alongside the Project Management Office to ensure all communications are appropriately planned. The Head of Comms Strategy and Planning will be responsible for ensuring all strategy communications dovetails well with all ‘business as usual’ communications so that there is a joined-up approach. Advising stakeholders on recommended communications plans and messaging, as well as being responsible for the oversight of the delivery of those plans.
- Forward planning to understand the communications needs of the programmes strategy, supporting the strategic objectives of this
- Maintain a detailed knowledge on the organisations communications channels with their audiences, offering advice and guidance on what channels would be best used for each communication need
- Reviewing and analysing the performance of communications, looking at statistics and member feedback to spot trends and improvements to make
- Creating content, managing messages and delivering clear and easy to understand communications to members across printed, online, social media and email channels
- Working with senior stakeholders in the organisation to advise on recommended communications plans and copy on sometimes complex issues. As well as advising them to deliver briefings to audiences – drafting content, managing approval processes and scheduling briefings/webinars
- Using website and email software to build communications campaigns
- Using database and email software to segment audiences and target campaigns
- Coordinating and delivering consultations with audiences across the organisation under the direction of project managers/insights team
- Providing support to volunteers who are delivering their own communications campaigns to offer direction and best practise advice
- Attend meetings with volunteers outside of normal work hours from time-to-time to contribute to project planning and provide communications advice
- Deliver staff communications including briefings, cascades, induction support in collaboration with service users
- Work using Microsoft packages on a day-to-day basis, alongside other communications software packages
Skills and experience:
- Significant internal communications experience, ideally in-house, charity experience is ideal though open on sector backgrounds.
- Well organised and able to focus on multiple projects and priorities at one time
- Confident in forming strong working relationships with a range of people and personalities, having a positive and enthusiastic approach
- Evident strong project management skills
- Tackles challenges and able to take personal responsibility for delivering a plan and solving a problem
- Demonstrable experience pf effectively working within a team as well as independently, in view of delivering on a communications plan
- Previous experience in developing strong working relationships, demonstrating influencing skills and maintaining respect when having to engage in challenging conversations
- Qualifications or formal training in communications is desirable but not essential
- Able to calmly manage multiple priorities/projects with great attention to detail, whilst ensuring that outputs are delivered on time, to budget and according to the brief
- An approachable personality who is able to listen to stakeholders needs and show understanding, while demonstrating diplomacy when advising on recommended communications strategy
This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a new challenge in their internal communications career and wants to take ownership of a developing new strategy. There are great benefits to this opportunity including a holiday entitlement of 25 days, plus bank holidays and additional for Christmas and New Year. If you would like to hear more about this position and believe this could be the ideal chance for you to start your next project, get in touch today!