Willem de Ruijter
11 months ago
The (listed) company is a global internet group and one of the largest technology investors in the world. Operating in high-growth countries and markets across the world - with a variety of brand names - the company builds leading companies that empower people and enrich communities.
To design and deliver the group employee communications strategy, act as a communication business partner to central functions, provide communication support to operating businesses as necessary, and to work closely with the wider group communication teams to plan and coordinate communication activities. This is a hands-on director level position for an experienced communications professional; there is no team to manage and the company works with a network of agencies.
- Design and deliver the group’s internal communication strategy.
- Deliver well-planned and outcome-focused communication strategies, plans and messaging to relevant internal audiences in support of key group activities (e.g. results, M&A and divestitures, change, people processes) to maximize impact and, where necessary, minimize reputational damage).
- Provide a communication business partnering service to corporate functions (e.g. HR, Finance, IT, Legal, C-suite partners) and, when appropriate, operational segments, designing and supporting the delivery of communication strategies, plans and events for senior leaders / functions to engage their target audiences and achieve their goals.
- Management of the group’s communication calendar and editorial pipeline to effectively coordinate communication activities that build alignment and pride internally, and awareness, understanding, and positive reputation externally.
- Create engaging content and assets which help build the company narrative internally and externally (e.g. infographics, factsheets, video and image content, etc.).
- Manage, measure, and continually develop key channels, such as the website, LinkedIn, Medium, Workplace, internal webcasts and email distribution lists.
- Work closely with peers in Investor Relations, Public Policy, and the wider group and segment communication teams to help ensure planning and message alignment across all markets and stakeholders.
- Provide counsel, advice and support as necessary to group companies and internal stakeholders.
- Take ownership of leadership events including an HR summit.
- Manage external agencies and advisors to agreed outcomes, deadlines and budget.
Must have experience
- Native English level is a must.
- International experience.
- Ability to deliver high quality under pressure, with multiple projects / activities running concurrently.
- Exceptional levels of:
- Internal comms / employee engagement experience, used to planning and delivering for C-suite stakeholders.
- Strategic comms planning (transformative change programmes, org restructures, M&A activity, HR programmes, IT programmes, etc).
- Planning and delivery to deadlines.
- Written communications (C-suite communications to their employees, complex change, company news flow, etc).
- Working experience of digital channels (enterprise social networks, Facebook’s Workplace preferred).
- Working experience of briefing and managing creative / comms agencies to task, budget and deadline.
- Line management experience.
- Designing and delivering leader and employee conferences.
- External communications experience (but internal / employee comms and employee engagement is the most important.)
- Experience in tech companies.
The ideal candidate
Has 10-15 years of communications’ experience in truly international (tech) companies with a clear emphasis on internal communications, with some external / corporate communications experiences as well, in which he / she has dealt with a large variety of issues. He/she should have a big appetite to ‘do the work’ or ‘do the work again’ as opposed to managing (people), a can do self-starting mentality and great project management skills. Native English is a must, other applications will not be considered.
This is a great opportunity in one of the world’s leading tech companies with a fair amount of international travel. The role is open to candidates currently not living in the Netherlands however they are expected to move to the Netherlands. Next to an attractive market conform salary there will be relocation compensation.