A sustainability focused membership organisation that improves working conditions in global supply chains is looking for a Communications Executive. You would be joining a global ethical trade service that provides practical tools, services and a community network to help companies source responsibly and operate an ethical business. The organisation has 60,000 members and operates in 180 countries across 35 industry sectors. This newly created role reports into the Director of Corporate Affairs and is a wonderful opportunity to help deliver strategic internal and external corporate communications.
- Manage the corporate communications calendar and drafting content such as news articles, research reports, briefings, social media, website copy and press releases
- Media monitoring, reporting and analysis about issues across ethical trade, human rights and government legislation
- Research and write engaging and “newsworthy” articles about ethical trade
- Developing and managing the company’s public relations strategy, proactively identifying new opportunities
- Developing and maintaining relationships with media
- Work strategically with the Director of Corporate Affairs to strengthen internal communication and engagement, particularly with international offices
- Establishing strong relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to maintain awareness of key sustainable business initiatives and produce high quality communications on these topics.
Key skills required:
- Experience working in a professional communications role
- Exceptional research and writing abilities
- Strong planning, prioritisation and organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Event management experience
- A passion for sustainability and human rights issues
- Strong relationship building skills and able to communicate at all managerial levels
- Experience using Word Press, Mail Chimp, InDesign an advantage but not essential
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.