Associate Director of Brand & Publications
VMA Group are working with a world renowned design led B2B business to hire an Associate Director of Brand & Publications. This is an exciting position for someone who is an expert brand strategist and has a background in design. This would suit someone with a strong career in a Brand/Marketing agency looking to transfer into client-side. Ideally someone who began as a designer and has worked their way up to Head of Studio or Head of Creative.
Key responsibilities of the Associate Director of Brand & Publications:
- Ensure the successful, long term development of the global brand, growing its ‘health’ and market value
- Develop and educate the firm on brand standards/ guidelines (including visual identity and tone of voice) and ‘why they matter’, and establish a suitable governance model
- Partner with creative agencies and internal teams to ensure alignment with our brand guidelines and to maintain ‘uniformity’ across our communications
- Regularly review our communications to ensure our brand is expressed consistently and with impact
- Analyse and define the overall strategy for our Group publications and take responsibility for their quality production. This includes a full review of purpose, audience, content, publishing and distribution as well as writing, editorial, design and production
- Explore and outline our approach to ‘digitise’ our Group publications, working closely with our Online team to extend the reach and impact of our thinking
Person Specification for the Associate Director of Brand & Publications:
- Degree qualified (marketing/ communications specific or business with marketing) with a strong brand and publications background
- Excellent eye for design and good attention to detail
- Preferably experience in a leading brand or marketing agency.
- Brand leadership experience for a significant, respected service brand
- Experience in defining, measuring and reporting on brand performance
- Ability to translate complex, often technical information and data into engaging and inspiring content
- Excellent project management skills and an ability to prioritise and manage tight deadlines
- Creativity, confidence and an eagerness to excel, coupled with determination, resilience and commercial awareness
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.