over 2 years ago
A FTSE 20 organisation at the heart of the UK energy industry is looking for a talented and experienced Website Manager to be based in their London or Warwick offices. The role will sit in the Group Brand & Digital team and will be responsible for managing the website and its continued improvement.
- Work as part of the Group Digital team on the development and delivery of the digital strategy
- Manage the website, creating the new website and leading its continuous development to meet the needs of a wide variety of external visitors and internal stakeholders
- Ensure the homepage and news modules on the website publish a steady stream of topical and engaging content
- Ensure content is easy to find and navigate, and search engine optimised
- Lead and manage Pay Per Click campaigns and ensure new tools and features are regularly deployed on the site
- Work closely with the Content Manager to ensure a content strategy is developed for the corporate website and that needs are identified and clearly briefed into the Content Team
- Create a joined up, engaging and accessible experience for visitors working with stakeholders on new website sections including Careers, Investors and Media
- Create the policies and guidelines for the website and regularly audit the channel to ensure policies are complied with and content is relevant and up to date
- Act as an internal advisor for stakeholders
- Respond and react quickly, provide data to analyse the effectiveness of nationalgrid.com monitor reputation real-time and measure the impact of campaigns
- Ensure all online communication initiatives and their execution across the business are aligned with Group branding and guidelines
- Proactively manage projects, both directly through the Brand & Digital team, and indirectly through outsourced suppliers/agencies
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics
- Stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL KNOW-HOW
Experience and Knowledge requirements:
- Strong understanding of social media and experienced in using corporate websites to engage external audiences
- Experience of managing key complex business issues and demonstrable project management experience with minimum guidance and shifting objectives.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing coordinated communications campaigns in a matrix organisation
- Strong communicator with excellent writing abilities.
- Strategic thinker with proven ability to assist in the development of key business/policy decisions.
- Demonstrates strong influencing skills with the ability to make persuasive presentations to internal and external audiences. Consistently adapts the content / style of a message, based on an understanding of the climate and culture of a particular group and what will produce the best response.
- Understanding and experience of coordinated strategic communications.
- Excellent team player and ability to work closely in a small team.
- Good level of networking, influencing and negotiation skills, with a range of stakeholders at senior levels internally.
- Proven work experience as a social media manager.
- Hands on experience in content management.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video).
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics.
- Ability to influence senior leaders, gain credibility quickly, inspire trust and confidence in delivery and counsel.
- A collaborative person able to quickly build effective partnerships with others around the business and a strong team culture within a matrixed organization.
- Strategic thinking combined with excellence in tactical implementation, highly motivated and organized with a high level of attention to detail.
- Results orientated, consistently managing timely delivery in a challenging environment: dealing with rapid change and ambiguity.
- Strategic thinker with ability to contribute to key decisions and advise others by interpreting internal and external influences and changes.
- Able to manage and prioritise complex, competing communication issues – maintaining high standards and alignment with business strategy at pace.
- Strong in-person and written communicator.
- Able to work under pressure and to turn complex, technical information into compelling communications.
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills; comfortable with ambiguity and incomplete information.
- Ability to build and maintain decision-making internal relationships at senior levels in the business.
- A desire to work collaboratively with colleagues in international teams in order to achieve the function’s mission by working together