£120,000 - £130,000
over 1 year ago
9 - 12 months
VMAGROUP is working exclusively with Ascential, the specialist information, data and ecommerce optimisation company, to hire a VP Communications on an initial 9 month maternity cover contract.
Reporting into the CMO and working closely with the VP Brand, the VP Communications is responsible for setting the overarching Ascential Communications and PR strategy and overseeing the development and execution of all communications across the global business. This role delivers Group-level communications, as well as consultancy for it’s product brand teams.
The role is responsible for protecting and promoting Ascential through engaging and compelling communications across internal, customer and investor-facing touchpoints and activities.
To achieve this, the VP Communications leads proactive and reactive communications campaigns to protect and promote the company’s reputation, internally and externally. The VP Communications also works collaboratively across the business to drive excellence in PR across product brands, consulting across the business to develop and strengthen product brand PR strategy.
The VP Communications operates as a core member of the wider Marketing Leadership Team and is expected to contribute to the future strategic development of the wider business and global marketing function. It’s imperative that the successful candidate has extensive global communications experience. Although not essential, the hiring manager is also particularly interested to see candidates who have experience in the professional services/ consulting fields.
The hiring manager would like the successful candidate to start w/c 26 July.
- Devise and own communications strategy for Ascential leading on emerging comms issues (e.g. acquisitions and disposals as well as crises), through detailed communication responses and plans. Advise senior executives on messaging.
- Manage Ascential’s reputation with key media, predominantly through reactive communications around crises, comms strategy and at key moments e.g. Financial Results
- Act as a consultant to product brand teams on PR strategy, supporting product brand teams on issues including:
- Reviewing key releases
- Agency review, selection and management
- Ascential PR reporting
- Ensure clear communications to investor community, working closely with the Investor Relations (IR) Director on IR communications across all channels, inc. Annual Report, IR website strategy, Events, Financial Results.
- Ascential.com - act as Editor-in-Chief for Ascential.com, ensuring updates are made in a timely manner. Manage Investor and People page edits via their Editors. Play a key role in any planned site updates.
Internal Communications strategy
- Work closely with the Chief Marketing Officer and Chief People Officer to ensure clear, informative and timely internal communications to Ascential staff.
- Lead on strategic project development and roll-out to ensure seamless communications for change programmes, crisis communication campaigns, people/inclusion initiatives, Corporate Responsibility.
- Oversee communications for Platforms Programme: two major internal process and systems updates across Marketing, Sales, Finance and Customer Service
- Provide strategic communications counsel to the Ascential Executive Leadership Team.
Master brand activation
- Work closely with VP Brand to support master brand programme, through clear alignment of product brand PR efforts to support master brand programme e.g. reflecting new brand language in responses and materials.
- Coordinate relevant cross-brand communications on key projects
- Ensure master brand output is reflected through content and Tone of Voice on Ascential.com.
Reporting, budget & measurement
- Manage and mentor one direct report - Brand & Communications Lead.
- Monitor the central communications marketing expenditure in line with the budget (with VP Brand).
- With VP Brand & Brand & Communications Lead,, create weekly report on activity for the Exec team.
- With Brand & Communications Lead, oversee monthly PR report for Exec team.