over 1 year ago
On behalf of our client, a key regulator in the health sector, we are currently shortlisting for a Public Affairs Manager. Taking the lead in managing a team through a period of change for the department, this will be a challenging and demanding role with a high profile in the organisation.
Key responsibilities will include
- Working as part of a wider public affairs and strategic communications team you will lead the UK Public Affairs activity, responding to political, policy, strategic and stakeholder developments which will impact the organisation.
- Promote the organisation to relevant parliamentarians, government officials, policy makers and stakeholders – building effective and strategic relationships across Westminster and Whitehall.
- Provide timely and accurate intelligence and advice internally to senior management and motivate and manage a small, effective PA team ensuring your work is aligned to the wider organisation objectives.
Your experience will include
- Significant experience of either public or parliamentary affairs
- Detailed understanding of the UK political and policy making process in the UK
- Ideally you will have an understanding of the UK’s health policy landscape – including health regulation
- Exceptional networking and relationship building skills – internally and externally