On behalf of our client, a key regulator in the health sector, we are currently shortlisting for a Public Affairs Manager. Taking the lead in managing a team through a period of change for the department, this will be a challenging and demanding role with a high profile in the organisation.
Key responsibilities will include
- Working as part of a wider public affairs and strategic communications team you will lead the UK Public Affairs activity, responding to political, policy, strategic and stakeholder developments which will impact the organisation.
- Promote the organisation to relevant parliamentarians, government officials, policy makers and stakeholders – building effective and strategic relationships across Westminster and Whitehall.
- Provide timely and accurate intelligence and advice internally to senior management and motivate and manage a small, effective PA team ensuring your work is aligned to the wider organisation objectives.
Your experience will include
- Significant experience of either public or parliamentary affairs
- Detailed understanding of the UK political and policy making process in the UK
- Ideally you will have an understanding of the UK’s health policy landscape – including health regulation
- Exceptional networking and relationship building skills – internally and externally
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.