Willem de Ruijter
7 months ago
VMAGROUP has been tasked to handle the search and recruitment of a Strategic Communicator (Climate Action Portfolio) on behalf of IKEA Foundation.
Stichting IKEA Foundation is the philanthropic arm of INGKA Foundation, the owner of the INGKA Group of Companies. The vision of IKEA Foundation is to create a better everyday life for the many people. The mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable children by enabling their families to create sustainable livelihoods, and fight and cope with climate change. Learn more on www.ikeafoundation.org.
As Strategic Communicator you will be part of a small but enthusiastic team. You will report to the Chief Communications Officer and work closely with the Head of Portfolio Climate Action and relevant other Portfolio leaders.
Objectives of the position.
IKEA Foundation is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Strategic Communicator. She/he will act as a trusted communications partner within the newly established Climate Action portfolio. Major objective is to articulate and develop advocacy and communications strategies and to develop and implement simple delivery plans that support the portfolio priorities which align to the overall IKEA Foundation’s priorities.
You are responsible for driving:
- Portfolio Advocacy
- Portfolio Media Relations
- Content development relevant for the portfolio
- Grant Communications
- Witness and IKEA Co-worker engagement programmes
- Measurement & Evaluation of Portfolio communications
- Budget management
You will work closely with the Grant-making Portfolio team Climate Action and where relevant other Portfolio teams, the Measurement, Learning and Evaluation team and other members of the Communications team. You will liaise with the IKEA Foundation partners where relevant and appropriate and you will act as a liaison to IKEA in this area.
In addition, you are expected to give input to IKEA Foundation’s Advocacy, Media Relations and IKEA Co-worker Engagement colleagues. You will identify synergies between portfolios, specifically but not exclusive to the communications opportunities.
You will be able to contribute to continuously improving the grant making experience at IKEA Foundation. In doing so, you will have the opportunity to work with innovative solutions and you will be challenged to come up with ideas for improvements in all areas.
- A Master’s degree or similar in communications, non-profit management, international aid & development or sustainable development. Alternatively you can have an equivalent combination of education and experiences.
- 7+ years of experience in an advocacy or communication capacity at a global NGO, Foundation or corporation with well- developed presentation, writing and story-telling skills.
- Experience in working on climate themes and affinity with the broader themes of IKEA Foundation.
- Strong strategic skills, knowledge on how to develop integrated communication plans.
- Excellent knowledge of planning and leading communications activities, projects and pilot programmes.
- A good understanding of stakeholder mapping, prioritizing and identifying engagement opportunities.
- Genuine appreciation of applying measurement and evaluation to build and share portfolio learning.
- Experience working abroad, experience in high emitting countries is preferred.
- Excellent English writing and conversational skill.
- Purpose driven and passionate about a career in the social and environmental impact sector.
- Motived by and living the values of IKEA Foundation.
- An innovative problem-solver and a natural network builder.
- Curious, initiative-rich, decisive, result oriented, resilient, able to work independently and a great team player at the same time.
- Able to explain complex topics in clear and simple communications, demonstrating how these topics contribute to the success of the programmes/projects.
IKEA Foundation offers a dynamic working environment with colleagues from different nationalities and backgrounds in a dynamic field of philanthropy. Together, they share a single culture and set of values. The position is based in Leiden, Netherlands. Up to 30% of the time may be required for international travel. IKEA Foundation offers a competitive remuneration package.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and CV (including remuneration expectations) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Selected candidates will first be screened by a telephone interview, if successful followed by an in-depth interview at the VMAGROUP offices in Amsterdam. After presentation to and acceptance by IKEA Foundation, candidates will have 3 interview rounds. A pre-employment screening as well as an online assessment will be part of the application process.
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific. VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.