I’m working with a high-profile UK regulator on a brand new role to focus on speechwriting and content for their Senior Exec team. This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled writer to shape the narrative of this organisation and raise the profile of the Chair, Chief Executive and Deputy Chief Executive.
The Speechwriter & Content specialist will work with the Media Relations and Events team to build a strategy of speaker opportunities as well as blogs, thought leadership, social media content and talking points.
- Development of speeches, remarks and talking points, including commissioning and writing content
- Develop a strategy for speaker opportunities and fine tune the narrative and plans around speeches and content
- Work with the Media Relations and Campaigns team to ensure narratives and priorities are aligned with wider agenda
- Provide training and feedback to senior leaders on their speech delivery
- Liaise with internal and external event organisers to ensure appropriate arrangements are in place to support senior leaders
- Fully brief senior leaders before speaking opportunities
- Proven experience of developing comms materials for use across a range of channels: traditional and digital
- Experience of developing and delivering compelling narratives aligned to corporate strategy
- Proven ability to write tailored, concise and effective copy for speeches, opinion pieces, presentations, blogs and forewords conveying appropriate key messages for a variety of audiences
- Must have experience working closely with very senior leaders (Chief Execs and Chair) including briefing, advising and training
- Knowledge of the medical/health world is advantageous, but not essential
- Ability to understand technical information and to translate it into an appropriate format for audiences
- Ability to spot potential media risks, issues and manage crisis
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.