circa £40,000 + generous benefit package
over 2 years ago
Large, influential professional regulator requires a Senior Public Affairs Advisor to join its growing team.
Reporting to the Public Affairs Manager, the Senior Public Affairs Advisor will work on national level engagement issues such as education, standards and continuing fitness to practice, helping to establish the regulator as a leading voice.
You will develop new and existing relationships with key stakeholders, monitoring political output and attending networking events.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with political stakeholders, such as Think Tanks, Government Departments and MPs, in order to facilitate their understanding and contribution to the work of the regulator
- Develop influencing plans using knowledge of parliamentary and political process to further the organisation’s strategic objectives
- Proactively provide intelligence on upcoming legislation and political developments from across the UK, including advice and alerts on regulatory matters, liaising with the policy and research teams as needed.
- Produce high quality briefing material and presentations to senior management for use in stakeholder interactions.
- Lead on projects with support from the Public Affairs Manager, such as party conferences and other key events
- Support the development of high quality records of interaction with key contacts and ensure summaries of contact are provided to support engagement
- Attend a variety of events to broaden stakeholder engagement and support collaboration where appropriate
- Line management experience (desirable, not essential)
If you would like to apply for the position of Senior Public Affairs Advisor please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing DM 914111