about 1 year ago
Senior Press Officer
I’m working with a high-profile national health charity to find a science Senior Press Officer to join their high performing team. Reporting to the PR Manager this role will develop and lead PR activity around the charity’s scientific research, health information, policy and campaigning work, keeping the issues in the national news agenda and ensuring accurate reporting.
- Deliver creative media relations and PR plans to support the charity’s research, policy and public health work
- Write media releases, statements and briefing documents
- Work closely with research and policy teams to translate their work into media friendly campaigns
- Capitalise on current news stories
- Be part of 24/7 rota for press office
- Proven PR and Media Relations experience in busy press office
- Demonstrable experience of health, science or research PR
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Thorough knowledge of the UK’s national, consumer and social media with track record of securing coverage
- Strong news sense and interest
- Ability to analyse scientific information accurately and translate into layman’s terms
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.