£38,000 - £41,000
8 months ago
If you are looking for a new challenge in your press career and are able to communicate confidently with senior internal and external stakeholders, influencing where appropriate by providing clear, strategic media advice. This could be the role for you.
My client, a large, influential professional regulator requires a Senior Press Officer to join its growing team.
Reporting to the Media Manager, the Senior Press Officer will work on national level engagement issues such as education, standards and continuing fitness to practice, helping to establish the regulator as a leading voice.
- Be the first point of contact for press enquiries, ensuring a prompt and professional response, managing issues and making the most of opportunities
- Develop relationships with senior journalists in national, regional and trade press using your network of contacts
- Develop relationships with key third party advocates; such as Think Tanks, academics, thought leaders and other key stakeholders
- Proactively identify opportunities to promote the organisation through national, trade and regional media as well as across our social media channels
- Develop ideas for news stories, drafting contributions including feature articles and opinion pieces and blogs for external publication.
- Develop comprehensive handling plans and lines to take in support of major announcements and key initiatives.
- Monitor social, broadcast and print media coverage of professional regulation
- Provide expert media handling advice and prepare briefings and presentations for Council members, the executive team and other senior managers
- Monitor and identify trends and developments in the press and across the health and care sectors, identifying and escalating communications risks where appropriate.
- Develop spokespeople to support our proactive and reactive press office activity
If you would like to apply for the position of Senior Press Officer please send your CV to email@example.com referencing DM914308