Competitive plus benefits
12 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen at a leading professional services company as Senior PR Manager - ESG – within their UK’s Media Relations Team. The successful candidate will lead the firm’s media relations for Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG), and Energy and Natural Resources practice. They will also be responsible for leading the firm’s UK media presence at COP26.
They are looking for an individual who is proactive and thrives on developing impactful, UK wide media campaigns, which connect with relevant audiences. You will have proven experience of delivering ESG campaigns and adept at responding to media enquiries.
This role also has people management responsibilities and reviewing and signing off other team members’ work.
The successful individual will:
- have proven experience in delivering ESG PR campaigns, understand each pillar of ESG and the metrics and issues that relate to them
- be a trusted advisor to senior stakeholders, and provide both proactive and reactive media relations advice and strategic counsel covering long-term profile-raising needs
- thrive on creating impactful media campaigns linked to a long-term commercial strategy
- Be able to respond quickly to reactive press queries and juggle multiple issues without missing deadlines
- have strong journalist relationships
- understand the value of reporting, monitoring and analysing press coverage to plan for future activity
- have managed people in previous roles
- have managed and worked alongside agencies, industry bodies and other third parties
- be adept at creating opportunities out of third-party activity and identifying proactive media relations activities
- be confident to deputise for senior colleagues to advise on corporate issues
- delegate work to colleagues and overseeing it to ensure deadlines are met
- understanding of the wider business environment, political landscape and the impact actions can have on client relationships
- evidence of an ability to spot issues-led media opportunities
- ability to produce rapid reaction statements in response to media enquiries
- ability to work with other parts of the business to deliver campaigns, including marketing, public affairs, digital, strategic and internal communications