3 months ago
One of Britain's biggest newspaper groups is looking for an experienced PR and Communications professional who will play a vital role in the delivery of PR for their digital products and leading news brands. The successful candidate will focus mainly on trade PR, to the advertising, media and tech industries.
You will need to be proactive and confident, with excellent writing skills, digital media savvy and a solid background in trade PR - ideally in media or tech. This role suits someone who is used to working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
While working within the larger Communications team, you will be expected to independently generate your own ideas – from news stories to thought leadership to virtual events – with an innate sense of what will land coverage.
The Senior PR Executive will be a creative and energetic professional with experience of independently managing their own media campaigns. You will embrace challenge and be excited by the prospect of being able to shape the company’s brand identity and profile within the industry and by working closely with some of the country’s most influential journalists.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take the lead on handling the trade PR for the national and regional portfolio of titles
- Promote the company’s growing roster of digital products
- Work with the wider Communications team with occasional involvement in consumer campaigns.
- Join the Communications team rota for manning the press office and writing social media posts.
- Track and measure campaign results and share these with the wider business.
- A track record of managing successful trade PR campaigns (especially in the advertising, martech or tech industry) along with a creative eye for spotting and developing opportunities.
- Ability to understand and represent complex and nuanced business issues, with an eye for numbers and statistics that tell a story.
- A determined can-do attitude, willing to try new things and raise the bar. Can remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent copy-writing skills
- Clear and confident communication skills, especially when dealing with senior internal stakeholders and spokespeople and external media.
- Demonstrable experience in PR – at an agency or in-house, with experience in B2B/trade PR