A professional membership body representing and supporting the interests of importing, exporting and international trade is seeking a Senior PR Executive. The Institute provides education and training for the UK’s international traders, services which have grown dramatically post transition from the EU. As a partner with the UK government, the Institute delivers national and international programmes, establishing UK processes and standards globally. It acts as an adviser to individuals and business; is a provider of vital technical and regulatory advice; and is an authoritative voice for the sector amongst those developing policy and economic strategy nationally and around the world. The Senior PR Executive is tasked with helping to lead, shape and promote the Institute’s external profile and voice. They will report into the Public Affairs Director and travel to office locations in London and Peterborough as and when required.
- Work with a range of internal and external stakeholders to translate the Institute’s thinking into appropriate, timely and proactive external communications through the media and other communications channels, including social media where appropriate
- Identify PR opportunities and implement an integrated communications strategy to raise the Institute’s profile and to promote the work and contribution made to the UK (and beyond) by individuals and companies involved in export, import and international trade
- Build and maintain a relevant database of media contacts
- Support the Public Affairs Director in building relationships with key UK and international bodies, including politicians and advisers, senior officials, government departments, regulators, relevant professional and industry associations and other opinion-formers
- Work collaboratively with all areas of the business to ensure that it maximises opportunities across the full range of its products and services
- Demonstrable media relations experience
- Experience in helping develop and implement a Communications Strategy
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in all channels, formulating and tailoring persuasive messages quickly and incisively
- Strong experience of developing and communicating key messages to multiple audiences and stakeholder groups, delivering increased visibility/recognition and impact
- Understand policy formulation, ideally gained through experience of working in a policy focussed environment
- Have enthusiasm, creativity and resourcefulness with a meticulous eye for detail
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent communications, digital and marketing recruitment and executive search specialist. Specialist practices cover corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, CSR, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP has offices in London, Manchester, Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.