6 months ago
Do you have a passion for media relations? Would you enjoy representing one of our core utilities within a membership organisation? We're looking for a Senior Media Campaigns Officer to join their corporate team. Reporting into the Communications Director you will be representing the industry at a national level, working on high-profile comms issues and dealing with national print and broadcast journalists. You will also help with crisis communications, briefing senior spokespeople and helping implement a new organisational strategy and vision for this vital sector. This is a very exciting role for someone who is adept at working with multiple stakeholders.
- Dealing with reactive media enquiries and seeking proactive media opportunities
- Writing statements and press releases
- Producing briefing material ahead of media interviews
- Planning for launches and events
- Providing communications support on all campaign activity
- The role demands a high standard of written and spoken English
- The ability to be self-sufficient and motivated
- Confidence to brief national journalists and deal with multiple stakeholders
- The ability to manage complex and sometimes technical information.