about 2 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Media Relations & Campaigns Manager to join a FTSE 100 business.
You will be responsible for delivering the global media relations strategy, and execute high-impact communications campaigns that support the company purpose, narrative and values.
- Proven track record in Media Relations, handling media enquiries and escalating where appropriate, as well as providing senior counsel on media handling for interview and briefing opportunities and potential issues.
- Build strong relationships with target media, understanding individual journalist agendas to facilitate in-depth story tailoring, with a focus on tier 1 media
- Corporate Communications – executive profiling, Financial PR and sustainability comms
- Contribute to the creative development of campaigns, from strategy to execution
- Adopt a proactive approach to storytelling about the company in the media, recognising what is both newsworthy and advances the company’s strategic objectives
- Contribute to the development of written content such as the Annual Report and Sustainability report – proactively managing key stakeholder input and taking editorial responsibility for best in class content
- Knowledge of integrated campaigning across all audiences, media relations and stakeholder engagement.
- Acting as a trusted comms advisor to senior leaders in the business
- Proven track record of collaborative working and building strong relationships, negotiating and influencing effectively to achieve business goals
- A background or strong interest in Sustainability is required
- Prior experience working for a listed business/financial PR would be advantageous but not mandatory
If you have the experience and are interested in discussing this opportunity further please get in touch ASAP with your current CV.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent communications, digital and marketing recruitment and executive search specialist. Specialist practices cover corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, CSR, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP has offices in London, Manchester, Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.