almost 2 years ago
Are you a senior marketer from the charity sector interested in working for one of the UK’s most well-loved, charities?
Are you excellent at building relationships, with proven delivery in stakeholder management?
A leading charity is looking for a for a talented Senior Marketing Manager to lead and develop marketing strategies which extend the reach and relevance of the brand around the UK with the aim of growing awareness and understanding across key audiences including health care professionals, commissioners of services, referrers and families and friends of people living with a terminal illness.
The purpose of this role is to lead and develop marketing strategies which extend the reach and relevance of the brand around the UK with the aim of:
- Growing awareness of the support we can provide amongst people, families and carers affected by terminal illness
- Growing awareness and understanding of the organisation amongst health care professionals so they refer more people in need, but also so they know how we can help them improve end of life care for more people
- Growing awareness and understanding of the organisation with Commissioners and Influencers so that we are seen as the expert partner for end of life care and as a consequence we are able to open and resource more services.
- Embedding marketing expertise and tools so that regional fundraising teams can reach out to more potential supporters The focus will be working closely with teams on the ground in the regions to look at ways we can leverage messaging and marketing activities locally for these different audiences. This role will build strong relationships with the Caring Services teams, the Community Fundraising teams, the Business development teams and the Retail team
- To lead the development and implementation of marketing and engagement strategies targeting these different audiences to achieve the priorities nationally and regionally
- To work with the Head of Brand and Engagement, Caring Services, Retail team to understand the charity’s target audiences around the nations and regions including potential for growth, recommending appropriate messaging, campaigns and marketing activity to harness all opportunities and supporting local teams.
- To lead the development and implementation of B2B marketing and communication plans for Caring Services (including nursing, hospice services and I & S) to grow awareness and understanding of as experts in end of life care with healthcare professionals, commissioners and referrers, including our plan for B2B events.
- Lead the development of the marketing strategy across paid, owned and earned marketing plans for Information & Support for both patients, carers, families, friends and colleagues so that the service extends its reach and relevance to core and new audiences. Lead on providing marketing support for regional and national business teams when setting up new services for instance to recruit nurses, volunteers or to engage with new supporters.
- Lead on the development of the marketing and communications tools and activities to support business teams with raising the profile of the brand amongst commissioners, and supporting all of their commissioning conversations, positioning the brand as an innovative and expert partner
- Develop and implement a plan for regular research to understand and keep abreast of the health environment and perceptions of the brand and other key providers
- Increase the influence and impact of the marketing team by taking a lead in anticipating the needs and the future direction of health and social care environment for patients, for families/carers and for healthcare professionals.
- Contribute to the development of the collective understanding of our different audiences (both B2B and B2C) and work with communications, caring services, fundraising, marketing and retail to define audience strategy by channel and product.
- Lead on establishing KPIs, targets and dashboards for this marketing and communications activity aligned to business goals, working with stakeholders across the charity
- Work with internal stakeholders and the Senior Manager Planning & Projects to ensure activities and campaigns are integrated across channels and that our different campaigns are planned to maximise impact
- Managing the marketing team to ensure they are motivated and skilled to provide a high quality service for the organisation achieving the objectives that have been agreed
The role will have line management responsibility for the marketing team and will have budget responsibility.