4 months ago
Senior Marketing Executive – Permanent
£30,000 to £40,000
My client is recruiting for a Senior Marketing Executive, effective immediately, to join an ambitious, innovative and diverse legal services firm based in Central London (Flexible working) This is a new role, and a rare opportunity to join a premium firm during an exciting period of growth. If you are a passionate marketing professional who loves the challenge of working in a technical industry, but isn’t looking for the traditional law firm environment, this could be a great fit for you.
The Senior Marketing Executive will report to the Head of Marketing & Communications to support the day-to-day implementation of the new marketing and BD strategy. This involves the full marketing, BD and comms mix, so you’ll love this opportunity if you like getting stuck in across a number of projects, and want to develop your existing skills across a range of disciplines.
You’ll be working as part of an accessible, flexible, down to earth and genuinely diverse group of people, both in terms of professional background, ethnicity and gender, but also in terms of specialist skills and approaches to problem-solving. Having joined in October 2020, the Head of Marketing & Comms can attest to the fact that the firm is genuinely open-minded and enthusiastic about BD, and the marketing team has their full trust and support. You’ll have room to grow and develop, and will be able to do so in a positive and supportive environment where a strong culture is a huge part of the firm’s identity. There is a real opportunity here to make the role your own; the firm is excited to meet candidates!
- Implementing the BD and marketing plan, staying on top of the progress of certain activities, and chasing those responsible for individual actions and timings where required
- Drafting and updating marketing materials and collateral as needed for new business opportunities and events (although pitching is not a significant portion of the role)
- Liaising with an external graphic designer on an ad hoc basis
- Community management: owning the firm’s social media presence and updating website content
- Editing and proofreading a steady stream of articles, ensuring a consistent tone of voice and confidently reworking sections where necessary
- Optimising website content for SEO
- Drafting article proposals to be pitched into key publications
- Taking a keen interest in our specialist field and bringing ideas to the table for marketing activities, whether that’s for articles, webinar topics or client training ideas
- Staying abreast of opportunities for collaboration with our industry partnerships / memberships and making suggestions to the Head of Marketing & Comms
- Working on events (all virtual for now) from invitations through to logistics and surrounding communications
- Keeping the new CRM system (HubSpot) up to date and acting as a best practice ambassador to support the rest of the firm in their use of it
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong, creative marketing and business development experience of at least three years, ideally within a professional services environment but not necessarily the legal sector – we are not looking for the “usual” traditional law firm approach to marketing and business development
- A confident, entrepreneurial spirit and strategic thinker who is keen to suggest and develop relevant new initiatives
- Excellent attention to detail and organisation
- Top-notch writing skills – the subject matter we deal with is highly technical, so needs a confident editorial eye
- Ability to manage a number of tasks simultaneously and work well under time pressures
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment – it’s a very busy team, which means the confidence to work autonomously will be important, but that is not code for “you’re on your own”!
- Confident setting up and running Zoom Webinar events
- Digital skills such as management of Google Ads and Analytics reporting would be a benefit (this is currently managed in collaboration with an external digital agency)
- Experience pitching articles to external media outlets would be an added bonus, although this is not a requirement
- A degree or similar qualification in a field such as English, Journalism, Marketing or Communications is desirable
If this sounds like the sort of opportunity you’re looking for, then please get in touch; we would love to hear from you.