Our client is a global player in the Logistics & Supply Chain industry.
The purpose of the Senior Manager Regulatory Affairs Europe role is to enhance business value by positioning the organization favourably with governments. The role is expected to maintain a robust understanding of the political environment and drivers for the government (local, regional and federal). He/she will:
- Work closely with businesses and functions to secure opportunities and manage risks.
- Engage with the government to shape regulatory frameworks and influence policy decisions, advocating for the group’s positions.
- Provide balanced perspectives that integrate business, functional, geographical and temporal perspectives when decisions are considered.
- Work together with the business in developing a government-specific Customer Value Proposition that differentiates the organization from its competitors as a partner of choice.
The central challenge for the Senior Manager Regulatory Affairs Europe is to support business success by providing strategic Regulatory and Government Affairs advice to the business on the one hand and achieve a maximum degree of influence over the regulatory environment in which the company operates on the other, with the central objective of protecting and creating business value.
In addition, ER/Regulatory Affairs monitors, identifies, and influences the operating environment as affected by statutory, legislative and regulatory governmental actions, whether local, regional or federal, that may affect the client's operations. Approaches which are currently tactical, reactive and fragmented across the region must become more strategic, pro-active and consistent. Activities will cover the full spectrum of Regulatory Affairs.
In order to develop a quick understanding of the regional, country and local businesses, political trends and key decision-makers/influencers, as well as an understanding of the critical drivers for group’s success, the ideal candidate has:
- 8+ years of experience in Regulatory / Government Affairs, preferably in the Maritime / Logistics sector.
- An in-depth understanding of the European Union, its decision-making processes and network possibilities.
- The ability to translate political decisions into commercial threats and opportunities, with the ability to take appropriate actions according to organizational goals.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Near native English language skills, French would be appreciated.
This will be a homebased role with frequent travel.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent communications, digital and marketing recruitment and executive search specialist. Specialist practices cover corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, CSR, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP has offices in London, Manchester, Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.