Our client is looking for an outstanding Communicator, with previous experience in an external Pharma comms role.
• Plan, lead and implement product and therapy area communications activities (proactive and reactive) within our client’s Communications & Public Affairs team and provide strategic counsel and partnership.
• Develop and implement compelling and impactful communications strategies which drive growth of our client’s brands and support the wider business objectives.
• Build our client’s profile and reputation with external partners in our client’s Therapy Areas of focus; anticipate and react to issues affecting the business.
• Build thought leadership in our client’s priority Therapy Areas and demonstrate the value of our brands through media activity around scientific data and regulatory milestones, real world evidence or stakeholder partnerships.
• Coach and develop direct reports (2 x Communication Managers) by providing ongoing counsel, support and sharing of standard methodology. In line with our client’s beliefs, champion an inclusive culture and agile working environment, crafting an environment where others can excel and working processes can be improved.
• Develop relationships of trust with relevant external customers and key internal partners to help shape and influence the environment and position our client as a trusted and respected business partner.
• Establish relationships and liaise closely with Communications & Public Affairs colleagues to ensure alignment and to partner on projects where required.
• Management of agency partners to support with implementation of communication activities, encouraging the development of new ideas and methods built on insight to bring value-add to communication plans.
• Oversight of all UK Therapy Area communication materials (press releases, social media, thought leadership) to ensure alignment with business objectives, the highest standards of quality and ABPI Code compliance.
• Strategic communications lead for all matters related to Product and Therapy Area Communications including:
• Building a strong environmental understanding on Therapy Area related external developments, including competitor news.
• Building and strengthening relationships with media, patient advocacy and other partners.
• Ensuring close alignment with Commercial Leads and Business Unit Directors to ensure brand communications strategies fully align with business needs.
• Supporting disease awareness campaigns and partnership projects in partnership with Patient Engagement leads, as required.
• Acting as first point of contact with media for enquiries relating to brand and/or Therapy Area communications.
• Ensuring alignment of brand communications strategies with the broader Communications & Public Affairs team.
• Providing regular status updates to the Director of Communications & Public Affairs.
• Support with updates to the Leadership Team and the development of briefing documents for on key topics and issues.
• Working with Corporate Communications and Internal Engagement Leads to ensure that appropriate and compliant Therapy Area communications content is used through internal and corporate, social and digital media channels.
• Benchmark activity with appropriate metrics and evaluate success on a quarterly basis or as appropriate (quantitative and qualitative evaluation).
• Complete annual training.
• Report Adverse Events and complaints in a timely way to Drug Safety according to current Adverse Event Reporting guidelines/SOP and to maintain Regulatory compliance.
• Act in accordance with ABPI Code of Practice and our client’s requirements.
• If commissioning contractors or third-party organisations, put contracts in place and provide training so that these individuals also act in accordance with our client’s requirements when interacting with Healthcare Professionals and report adverse events and complaints (as above).
• Align with designated SOPs for the role.
• People Management
• Line management for 2 x Brand and TA Communications Managers
• Share thinking and standard methodology to up-skill the wider team on Brand & Therapy Area Communications
• Leverage internal and external resources to support the development of direct reports by creating clear and detailed development plans.
• Strong evidenced experience in pharmaceutical brand/product and therapy area/franchise communications, either in-house or within an agency/consultancy
• Expertise in core healthcare communications subject areas, with understanding of ABPI Code of Practice
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to translate complex scientific data into compelling communications materials
• Strong media knowledge and journalist contacts
• Knowledge of new models of communication including digital and social media
• Strong technical competencies relevant to Brand/Product Communications, including issues management and proactive, compliant product communications
• Experience in benchmarking results and setting appropriate evaluation metrics
• Experience working collaboratively across different teams with challenging priorities
• Strong negotiating and influencing skills
• Consistent record in delivering results in a high pressure and fast-paced environment
• Strong project management skills
• Experience in agency and budget management
• People management experience
• Strategic focus and leadership
• Self-motivation and self-awareness
Location – High Wycombe
Salary – competitive
Bonus – 20%
You must be eligible to work in the location advertised.
If you’re interested in applying for this position or you would like to find out more information please contact Doina Grubii @ VMA Group on Mob. 07510368190 or email: email@example.com
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim, contract, temporary and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist. We are specifically focused on providing support to the communications, digital and marketing communities.
Our specialist practice areas cover: communications, corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, financial communications, CSR, public affairs, investor relations, marketing, digital marketing and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing expert consultancy services and advice, supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry, supporting planning and decision-making for organisations of all shapes and sizes.
In the UK, VMAGROUP has offices in London and Manchester and in Europe, VMAGROUP has offices in Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.