£35,000 - £40,000
11 months ago
A global design and engineering business is looking for an experienced internal communicator on an initial 6 month contract.
Working closely with the Head of Internal Communications to manage projects from inception to completion, you will have responsibility to advise on IC best practice gained from your previous IC experience and support the wider team. You’ll also be the first point of contact for the operation and delivery of internal communication across the business.
Strong writing skills as well as excellent channel management experience are required to be effective in this role as the successful candidate will be sourcing source and writing clear and concise content to share across multiple channels. This is a fast-paced team with a high quality of work so this role will suit someone with drive and desire to learn and produce exceptional work.
This is an immediate search so the successful candidate will need to be able to start swiftly.
- Providing direct support to the Head of Internal Communications on the delivery of the IC strategy and specific campaigns
- Managing the IC calendar to effectively communicate with the business, including content scheduling, editing, drafting and publishing
- Ownership of online channels and content including UK intranet and e-bulletins
- Management of internal distribution lists to support IC channels and support other departments
- Liaising with the UK office network to ensure the timely execution of campaigns and material is displayed and used appropriately
- Liaison with the graphic design team for the production of all intranet assets and internal campaign imagery and collateral
- Managing and co-ordinating internal promotion of charity activities
Experience and skillset required
- Professional knowledge gained through extensive work experience in an internal communications role
- Strong track record of multi-channel management and evaluation
- Ability to work independently to deliver projects and services for designated groups of internal stakeholders
- Experience of using content management systems and online reporting systems to create and measure impact on online communications
- Ability to source and write clear and concise content with a high attention to detail and align to brand values and tone of voice
- Experience in working within a fast-paced marketing and communications team environment
- Ability to build relationships with senior stakeholders
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages (or equivalent) including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook Personal - professional, assertive, reliable, flexible, personable, organised, enthusiastic, punctual and with a positive attitude to work. Willing to develop, a self-starter and team player