A FTSE 20 organisation at the heart of the UK energy industry is recruiting a future-focused, innovative and experienced Senior Group Digital Manager to lead the development and governance of digital communications across its organisation to engage external audiences and better articulate what the business stands for.
- Work with the Group Digital and Group Employee Communication teams on the development and delivery of the organisations digital strategy including planning, monitoring, reporting, content creation and channel management
- Lead and mange a dedicated digital team to develop and deliver the digital communications strategy across the business
- Review and consolidate its digital estate
- Create a centre of centre of expertise on digital and external social media communications
- Own and run the key communication channels including a new corporate website to engage external audiences
- Create Group-level content to share across the business and run the strategic social media channels
- Manage agencies providing specialist front-end design, back-end development and content development services
- Create and manage the digital communications governance process across National Grid, including policies and procedures for a joined-up digital presence
- Regularly review and audit digital channels ensuring policies are being consistently applied to maintain quality
- Provide advice and consultation on using digital channels for campaigns, news, CEO and crisis communications
- Identify capability gaps and manage suppliers providing specialist services such as Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) to ensure the organisation ranks well in search engines and User Experience (UX) to map and understand stakeholder journey
- Work with Brand & Digital to deliver strategic corporate campaigns
- Develop a Content Strategy for nationalgrid.com and other key channels
- Responsible for the creation of innovative multi-media integrated campaigns and content to articulate internally and externally the group narrative which, as required, can be tailored by Group, US, UK and NGV
- Formulate and develop deliverables that support brand marketing campaigns as well as the business’s overall objectives
- Oversee the creation of engaging designs and content for strategic corporate campaigns ensuring consistent communication and embodiment of the brand’s identity for a variety of external and internal audiences
- Support the continuous improvement of online user-centric designs on the business’s websites, social media and online pages
- Work closely with Group Employee Communications to define the role Corporate Affairs should play in the ongoing management of the Employee Digital Workplace
- Provide input to the entity/regional digital communication strategy and budget
- Act as an internal advisor for stakeholders interested in using digital media across the business
- Work with business leaders to build greater understanding of role of reputation and their accountabilities for managing reputation
- Regular market, competitive and gap analysis that will facilitate the prioritisation of new opportunities, offer the business a competitive advantage, facilitate the development of new concepts, campaign strategies, and brand marketing programmes
- Ensure alignment and consistency (air traffic control) of message among audiences that cut across Group, UK, US and NGV
- Work across Corporate Affairs on the delivery of corporate strategic campaigns tailoring messages, content and approach for use in individual markets, being mindful of cultural nuances
- Contribute to running the Group Brand & Digital team, supporting the corporate affairs activity grid, ensuring duplication and overlap of activities with other parts of the function are minimized.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.