Up To £32,000
almost 3 years ago
A truly special opportunity has arisen to become part of a charity leading the way in pioneering sight loss research. Our client is looking for a Senior External Communications Officer with the right skills and attitude to join their team and make a difference.
The aim of this role is to support our client in growing their ambition to reach new audiences through targeted events and engagement that reach and inspire people with messages about their work. You will be expected to proactively manage key stakeholder relationships – researchers, celebrities and people with sight loss – and work with them to arrange events and other activities that spread the message about the work we do.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To develop and deliver an engagement strategy with key stakeholders across the speaker network and community ambassadors programme
- To proactively find events and other opportunities that reach potential supporters with messages about our client’s work.
- This will involve building relationships with researchers and the academic community and with people with sight loss who can act as our ambassadors.
- To coordinate and deliver events, developing the necessary training, support, briefings and key messages for stakeholders and staff
- Within the organisation, to champion the role of the speaker network and community ambassadors and to be the ‘go-to’ source internally on the differing areas of expertise and capability amongst our stakeholders.
Social media and promotion
- To coordinate a social media plan and communications plans that will help us to engage with and promote our goals to key stakeholders, working with colleagues in the communications and marketing team.
Celebrities and patrons
- To lead on the delivery of a celebrity/patron development and engagement plan that will support the strategic aims and raise awareness. This will include cultivating existing celebrity relationships and developing opportunities to use them strategically, as well as cultivating a pipeline of new celebrities who can help us achieve our goals.
Real life stories
- To work with colleagues to develop our relationships with people with sight loss and build a supporter story database so that their voice can be shared across our communications channels, using their real life stories.
Required for the role:
- Previous experience of developing and delivering stakeholder engagement strategies.
- Proven ability of managing multiple streams of works and programme management.
- Experience of event management.
- A fantastic relationship builder with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage multiple relationships.
- Experience of managing patrons and high profile supporters.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experienced in using communications and marketing channels to achieve goals.
- Strong digital and social media capabilities and experience of social content management tools.
- Ability to identify opportunities and linkages to strategic aims.
- An understanding of how to contribute to teamwork and manage cross- organisational working relationships.
- Commitment to the mission, values and goals
- Passion and enthusiasm for the charitable sector.
- Outgoing, confident, friendly and professional.
- Goal orientated
Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.