Ruben van den Boer
3 months ago
Our client is seeking an English language speechwriter to join the Communications team at group level. The Executive speechwriter & senior editor will provide full-service speechwriting and editing support (from draft to delivery) for senior stakeholders. He or she will also support executives with other high profile writing related projects internally and externally.
Our client is offering the opportunity to play a key role in unfolding the narrative of the new group structure during a time of significant transformation. This is a unique challenge for someone who loves storytelling and writing compelling speeches and enjoys working in an ambitious, international, fast paced environment where every day is different in terms of projects and topics that need to be covered.
We are looking for someone who enjoys working on a team, likes to work with a lot of different people, enjoys a good laugh and that is dedicated, and passionate about communications!
Supervisor: Head of Internal Communications
Primary stakeholders: Head of Communications, Head of External Communications, Executive Board and senior business leadership across the organization.
Experience and background:
- BA degree in journalism or related discipline. MBA preferred but not required.
- Native English
- Previous experience supporting high profile executives or politicians with speech writing.
- Hand’s on, can-do attitude; ability to create deliverables within a tight time frame.
- Strong understanding of business and its internal and outside drivers.
- International experience a plus.
- Highly resilient to change – ability to adapt and thrive in a company during trans-formative times.
- Passionate about communications, especially writing in a creative way that resonates with different audiences.
- Flexible with the ability to manage multiple topics and projects simultaneously.
- Takes full ownership and responsibility of projects, with the tenacity to see them through.
- Collaborative, team player that is willing to compromise.
- Independent contributor who can build strong networks within the team and with other internal stakeholders to achieve results.
- Research, craft, and edit high quality/high impact, personalized English language speeches and talking points for senior executives, to deliver at a variety of domestic, regional, and international internal and external events.
- Collaborate with External Communications on developing op-eds and forewords to significant external publications as required.
- Internally support with executive correspondence, including internal memos, quarterly messages, positioning stories for internal channels, etc.
- Ensure full alignment to corporate positioning and strategy.
- Build trusted relationships with senior executives, their offices, proponents, and other key internal and external stakeholders.
- Other editorial projects and responsibilities as directed by supervisor and primary stakeholders.