£55,000 - £65,000
12 months ago
A multi-national software organisation is looking for an experienced Internal Communications professional to join its team in Cambridge (or London with 1-2 days a week in Cambridge) as Senior Corporate Communications Business Partner.
This role will support its function in the execution of the strategic business goals for each function, through the development of consistent messages and effective communication with all relevant stakeholders and audiences, both internally and externally.
As an integrated communications team the post holder will be responsible for the development of consistent messages and effective communication with all relevant stakeholders and audiences, both internally and externally, through multiple channels.
- Provide a consistent message to all stakeholders aligned to the corporate strategy.
- Share customer success stories, insights and other material through relevant channels – internally and externally – to support sales teams in achieving success.
- Increase brand awareness [and protect] with global/multiple stakeholders, focusing on business growth areas and where attracting talent is a challenge.
- Utilise multiple channels relevant to audience and message for maximise reach.
- Support the relevant Leadership Team members and other key stakeholders in raising their profile, internally and externally both as leaders and as experts in their chosen field (thought leadership).
- Attend and be a proactive member of the relevant leadership meetings
- Work closely with key stakeholders in generating content and messages that support their business objectives.
- Develop relationships to support the sharing of relevant information to strategic partnership network.
- Strategic Communications support to relevant ELT member and their direct reports
- Lead and develop communications to support business delivery, organisation changes, executive updates etc.
- Develop the annual ‘drumbeat’ plan for all communication activities aligned to the overall business requirements
- Create content for all communications, scripts, presentations as required
- Develop communications plans to deliver compelling, engaging communication activities, using multi channels
- Manage events and other activities to support the delivery of activities working with the channel delivery team as required
- Measure effectiveness and report back on levels of engagement and understanding of communications
- Proactively suggest areas/topics/opportunities for communication to support the overall business strategy/requirements
- Manage spend for all communications as agreed as part of the overall communications/business budget
- Line management responsibility for Corporate Business Partner
Important working relationships:
It is important that the Senior Communications Business Partner is comfortable interacting with employees of all levels and positions including the executive management team. As a multi-national company, the role requires sensitivity to other perspectives and cultures.
The role reports to the VP Corporate Communications. Close working relationships with the wider Corporate Communications Team is essential to provide a consistent and joined up approach to all communications activities.
This role has line management responsibilities of one other colleague.
Essential competencies, knowledge, skills and experience:
- A minimum of 10 years communications experience
- Senior Communications or Business Partner Experience
- Sound knowledge of industry-leading Communications best practice
- Understanding of complex organisations and the required response from communications to work across locations and diverse audience groups
- The adaptability of different channels and approaches based on audience demographics and communications purpose
- A flair for generating new ideas and driving change through new approaches.
- Experience of writing for different channels, content creation and editing
- Understanding of social media resources
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good presentation capabilities
- Multicultural relationship management
- Language Skills (desirable)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (desirable)
- Strong sense of personal initiative and time management
- The ability to operate, influence and build relationships at all levels
- Creative thinker and passionate team player
- The ambition and drive to work at pace and meet challenging deadlines
- Strong on following process, building relationships
- Spends time to understand complexity in order to communicate it well
- Effective team player and networker
- Customer focused
- Attention to detail
- Ability to engage, inspire and influence people
- Widely trusted and ability to build trust
- Ability to remain calm and work effectively under pressure
- High energy/enthusiasm
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.