£25,000 - £30,000
almost 3 years ago
Senior Communications Officer: Foundation Office
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Senior Communications Officer who is highly skilled in planning, co-ordinating and implementing marketing and corporate communications. Working for a well-established fundraising body, this role will support the continued development of a distinctive and sustainable culture of philanthropy through fundraising, engagement, stewardship and alumni programmes.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the implementation of effective communication strategies and co-ordination communication plans for both print and digital media.
- Work closely with the marketing department to integrate key messages and the impact of philanthropy into communication channels effectively
- Maintain awareness of news, events and activities
- Source, curate, write content and publish quarterly donor e-Newsletters and
- event marketing emails as well as assisting with the implementation of a new alumni online community
- Manage the day-to-day running of social media accounts – source content, identify news stories, update and interact with users on Facebook, LinkedIn, Flickr and Instagram.
- Maintenance of company website and relevant web pages
- Work with third party suppliers such as designers and copywriters to maintain and improve communications.
- Identify ways to develop, implement and continuously improve digital strategy
- Report analytics and assist with strategies to improve engagement.
- Write, curate, source and edit content for the annual magazine and assist with content curation, design and copywriting of high quality annual report
- Invitations and marketing material for special events.
- Develop and implement strategies to maintain and improve data and all relevant information, working in accordance with all relevant legislation including Data Protection Act i.e. DPA, GDPR and PECRStrong stakeholder management skills
Key skills & experience:
- Experience of generating, editing and publishing digital and social content and using digital communications to maximise community engagement across multiple channels.
- Strong writing and editing skills with an ability to write effectively for different audiences across multiple platforms (digital and print).
- Experience and evidence of writing persuasively in a charity fundraising, sales or marketing context.
- Experience of producing / assisting in the production of print materials and working with printers and designers.
- Ability to collect and analyse content, identify sources and evaluate their interest and audience relevance.
- Proficiency in using Windows based software including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience of website CMS to update and load content.
- Experience of using a CRM database, ThankQ (training will be provided)
- Basic working knowledge of online graphic design and image software (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign).
- Working in a fundraising, development or alumni relations office.
If you are a passionate, accomplished corporate communications professional, excited by the sound of this opportunity and ready to take on the challenge, please do get in touch.
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.