A private company which provides public services to improve people’s lives, is looking for a Communications Manager on a 12-month contract paying between £38,000 - £43,000 dependent on experience.
This maternity cover role, reporting into the Head of Marketing and Communications, is responsible for the external and internal communications delivery across the organisation. Managing two junior team members, this position would suit someone who has experience of line management and the ability to nurture and develop future communications leaders.
The company has experienced 500% growth in employee numbers since before the first national lockdown, so there is a strong need to keep all new and long-standing employees informed with the organisation’s business operations, successes, and long-term strategy.
An understanding of the public sector/ local authorities and how these services can crossover into the private sector, would be advantageous (but isn’t essential), as this role sits at the heart of the organisation and will be developing the communications strategy for all the crucial work that the organisation does. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to join a growing organisation which is instrumental in offering invaluable services to local communities across the UK.
The hiring manager is looking for someone to start late-May so do apply if these timeframes work for you.
- Devise and implement multi-stakeholder, on and offline communications strategies for a range of public services.
- Develop stories and content from various services to support wider engagement objectives.
- Draft engaging and consistent copy to ensure reach, impact, and alignment with the brand.
- Nurture relevant press and media relationships and identify opportunities to promote the availability and success of the organisation’s services.
- Monitor the media and political landscape and identify and respond to relevant opportunities and risks.
- Represent the organisation at events and meetings with commissioners, including government and local councils.
- Coordinate the organisation’s internal communications calendar, including – but not limited to – producing staff bulletins and campaigns, promoting the D&I work and communicating the company’s growth strategy.
- Excellent communications skills, specifically written English for a range of different audiences.
- A strong understanding of and passion for communications work.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks.
- A good sense of creativity and an ability and willingness to suggest new ideas and approaches.
- Fully computer-literate, with a thorough working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social media, and website management
- Knowledge or experience of public services is desirable but not essential.
- A good understanding of public services and the political landscape, again desirable but not essential.
- An understanding of and interest in national and local employment issues is advantageous.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent communications, digital and marketing recruitment and executive search specialist. Specialist practices cover corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, CSR, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP has offices in London, Manchester, Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.