£60,000 - £70,000
11 months ago
This multi-national FMCG client in West London currently has two openings for brand new Senior Change Comms Manager roles, reporting in to the HR Comms Director.
The Senior Change and Employee Communications Managers will be responsible for developing, managing and implementing strategic end to end communication plans to drive HR projects, organisational design, strategy execution and HR transformation as critical members of project teams, with line management responsibility.
The role supports the HR function in the delivery of timely employee communication to support the company through transformational activities, enhance leadership visibility and raise the profile of the HR brand and its strategic role in supporting business growth.
- The role will also deliver regular/business as usual communication activities within the HR function, communicating the HR strategic direction and agenda to the wider business as well as driving employee engagement.
- The Senior Change and Employee Communications Manager will be calm and pragmatic under pressure with the ability to motivate and organise others to prioritise and deliver and manage competing priorities and changing deadlines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, manage and implement compelling change communication campaigns supported by a clearly articulated narrative to raise the profile of the HR function and support strategy/project implementation and drive employee engagement with the HR brand, mission and strategy
- Interaction and collaboration with BU HRBPs (and PAC teams where appropriate) to raise visibility of all HR-led core activities and strategic communication activities
- Translate complex communication needs into clear and robust plans for delivery
- As a critical friend, influence and guide key stakeholders (including senior leaders) on best practice change communication approaches, methodology and implementation
- Create impactful, compelling, sensitive, professional content to convey key messages against a clear set of outcomes
- Develop change communication and engagement activities through a range approaches, channels and materials that are bespoke and appropriate
- Evaluate the effectiveness of project communication approaches and deliver ongoing improvements
- Promote and deliver best practice in strategic (change) communications delivery and project management across the HR function
- Plan and execute communication within the HR function and key stakeholders in line with the function’s strategy
- Effectively edit/sub-edit content for a range of formats, taking account of impact, tone and subject matter
Skills & Essentials
- University Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Change management or communication related qualification preferred but not essential
- 8-10 years’ cross-sector/industry experience in a corporate or consultancy environment
- Knowledge of HR functions, priorities and agenda, change and transformation
- Proven track record in influencing and negotiating all at levels of the organisation and building relationships
- Demonstrable strategic planning and project management experience
- Developing, managing and delivering internal communication plans via traditional and digital means
- Communication and employee engagement in a global, matrixed organisation
- Conducting, analysing and reporting of employee research/listening projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to develop clear and compelling communications
- A good awareness of best practice and current thinking in internal communications and employee engagement
- Ability to deliver compelling and engaging material through a blend of channels
- Confident with C-suite level interaction
- Thrives in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Strategic and collaborative with a desire to achieve results
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work and prioritise under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Creative and innovative with excellent attention to detail
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.