8 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Communications & Marketing department of a leading multinational media and digital marketing communications company in London. There is a huge focus to become a 100% digital economy business by 2020.
This company’s strategy is driven by their unique high-performance culture, enabling them to grow from 15,000 people in 2013 to 45,000 in 2018. With a vision to innovate the way brands are built which is becoming increasingly more relevant in the face of accelerated change. Wanting to do things differently and better in comparison to companies that have come before them. Enveloped in rapid digital change and fierce global competition, they are moving through a transformational journey into a scalable organisation, with a plethora of systems, platforms and a structure that enables them to change and scale.
The Senior Change and Communications Lead’s purpose is to provide specialist support to the Global Technology Function. Being responsible for defining the strategy, leading, delivering and influencing all Technological communication, change and engagement activities.
Reporting to the Global Head of Employee Communications you will provide change and communications counsel as well as building capability with senior leaders, aiding them in the deliverance of engaging and authentic communications. Alongside planning and executing the required change activities to enable a single approach to implementing technology initiatives globally, enabling consistent adoption, participation and adherence.
Some of your tasks will include:
- Working with senior leadership team, regional CTOs, creating a joined-up communications approach, ensuring that the function’s communications strategy consistently supports the business strategy and requirements as well as driving its implementation
- Communicate the successes and achievements of the function to the wider employee audience globally
- Provide targeted strategic and tactical communications support within specific programmes as required
- Establish a global technology change network to drive and own technology change initiatives within each region/market
- Establish a stakeholder engagement framework and manage a programme of activity to engage and drive their support and participation
- Provide measurable results to demonstrate adoption effectiveness
- Developing networks and partnership with technology leaders across the company’s network, supporting the business’ agenda.
- Building leadership communications and change capability by equipping leaders with the right tools/skills to become strategic storytellers and leaders or “champions” of change
- Enable a culture of collaboration and two-way conversations, establishing the mind-set and behaviours needed to create clarify in uncertainty.
- Delivering rich content in formats that plug into the digital world
Key professional skills and experience:
- High level of awareness and knowledge of best-practise communication tools and approaches, incl. social media
- Strong, fast, accurate and relevant editorial skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in work experience
- Experienced communications practitioner
- Expert in crafting multi-channel communications programmes
- Practical knowledge of communications technologies
- Experienced employee comms professional with demonstrative expertise in all aspects of communications across multiple channels
- Change professional experienced in the delivery of complex global change programmes
- Experience leading large-scale technology change communication and strong understanding of IT processes and policies will be an advantage
- Experience in undertaking comprehensive research and analysis exercises to deliver an insight-driven approach, alongside a healthy focus on monitoring, measurement and ROI
- Proven ability to coach executives, influence senior leaders and develop strong relationships
- Project management experience, prioritising and driving comms and change initiatives and delivering work to tight timescales and on a budget
If you feel you could thrive in this role, you’re ready to jump into the next stage of your internal communications career and would like to hear more about this opportunity, apply within!