A fantastic opportunity has arisen at a leading global professional services organisation within their award-winning Global Media Relations and Social Media team.
This role is key in promoting its brand, purpose, reputation and businesses around the world. The ideal candidate will have experience generating coverage in the business and trade media and managing social media channels. Strong writing skills are essential, as is the ability to build trusted relationships with senior stakeholders and a diverse team. If you are energetic, organised, and proactive and enjoy a mix of strategic planning and practical execution, then this is the role for you.
- Position relevant leaders as experts on key industry issues and hot topics by securing media briefings, placing op-eds/comment pieces and pitching reports
- Remain current on topical news relating to priority issues
- Manage Social media channels, write and schedule daily social media postings, film and commission social content
- Build relationships and engage directly with key international media
- Draft regular reports for global leadership on PR activity and metrics
- Prepare press materials and other media briefing materials for launches of global surveys, events, studies and campaigns
- Demonstrable strong media relations experience
- A self-starter with a “can do” attitude and the drive to get the job done
- An ability to work with challenging, sometimes technical content
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a variety of global media
- Strong social media skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, managing expectations
- Social media channel management experience preferred
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.