about 1 month ago
A global publishing company specialising in scientific, technical, and medical content is seeking a Research Communications Director. Reporting into the Vice President of Global Communications, this is an exciting and newly created position. Your key responsibility is to develop and execute integrated communications plans and campaigns that provide researchers and healthcare professionals with actionable answers. This is a demanding role requiring excellent skills in communications and an ability to work with multiple and diverse global stakeholders.
You will be joining a company with a proud history and one that is on a journey from science, technology, and medical publisher, to a global information analytics company.
- Responsible for driving thought leadership positioning, communicating internally and externally the core brand positioning in alignment with business-wide objectives. Work with a wide range of internal business leaders to gain consensus and dissemination
- Create and be responsible for the delivery the Communications Plan. Work with all internal stakeholders to define a clear pipeline of communications campaigns and opportunities
- Build relationships with Media and Key Opinion Leaders. Develop stakeholder management plans to engage with the broad community that is shaping the future of how research will be funded, created and shared.
- Work with teams in Research Solutions Sales, Government Relations and Global Strategic Networks to develop communications plans that support all stages of the commercial negotiation process with our customers, partners and regulators.
- Identifying, tracking and responding to potential reputational, developing and executing communications programmes to pre-empt and mitigate those threats.
- Demonstrable experience in communications, strategic and tactical. Affinity with health, research, and professional sectors a plus.
- Excellent English language written and oral communication skills, including mastery of various global writing styles and expertise in editing; additional language skills and/or international communications experience a plus.
- Extensive experience in developing and managing integrated communications campaigns and activities involving traditional media and digital channels
- Astute at managing media relations, issues and policy communications, crisis preparation and management.
- Experience advising senior management, including helping them navigate challenging communications risks and challenges.
- Demonstrated skills in presentation and written communications and an innate understanding of how to connect with an audience.
- Understanding of the application of metrics and data to brand, as well as translating analytics into actionable insights.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively establish, lead, and maintain collaborative and cooperative working relationships both within and outside of the organisation; multicultural awareness required.
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Budgeting experience with a proven record of fiscal responsibility.
- Keen judgment and business acumen to understand commercial risks, challenges and opportunities
- Internal communications experience a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook).
- Fluency with web and social media platforms and applications.
- Technical understanding of content creation and editing tools, content management systems, search platforms, and web/social media publishing, syndication, monitoring, and analytic tools.