Please note that only EU citizens (including UK) will be considered for this position. A (near) native English language ability is required. Relocation is necessary. Relocation costs and short-term accommodation will be part of the job offer.
Our client is a global financial services provider with a start-up mentality. Reporting to the CMO, you’ll lead the development and management of a dedicated PR resource across multiple markets. Your goal will be to protect and strengthen the company’s industry reputation and profile, and to expand it into other financial service industries as we grow the business portfolio.
Priority consideration will be given to candidates with outstanding communication skills in English (written and spoken), at least three years’ full-time PR experience in retail forex trading or other financial services, and a willingness to relocate to Limassol, Cyprus.
- Create, implement and manage a proactive PR strategy to include multiple stake-holders, media relations, crisis management, strategic planning and content delivery.
- Pitch/write/edit/commission/oversee a wide range of content for publication in relevant media (national, regional, international, trade and mainstream press), from macroeconomics and technical commentary to opinion pieces, speeches, independent research, and interview talking points for management.
- Responsible for all media relations globally as well as regionally. This requires the need to coordinate content translation in multiple languages (as well as to ensure it’s proof-read correctly in those languages), to ensure content is tailored according to the needs and interests of different markets and language opportunities, to liaise with regional media editors, and to keep regional analysts and teams informed of media opportunities in their markets.
- Advise senior management and Department Heads on reputational issues and develop plans to raise the company’s leadership profile, as well as to increase the quality and reach of coverage via internal analysts located in several markets.
- Work closely with Marketing and senior management to ensure the latest news, announcements and developments are done professionally and promptly, tailored according to each communications channel.
- Be committed to integrity in everything and to ensure that best practice approaches are applied to third-party providers and communications in general. This includes the need to review and manage all PR and social media communications channels, monitoring and distribution tools.
- End-to-end management of pitching for reputable award opportunities; likewise, for speaking opportunities at major conferences on behalf of senior management.
- Produce regular reports for the CMO, senior management and the Internal Communications Manager that highlight PR’s success in building the company’s profile and reputation.
- Ensure all content is measurable and be able to evaluate it using the appropriate tools and analytics.
- Ensure all content is compliant and meets the relevant regulatory requirements for each jurisdiction and company entity.
- Review and manage a PR budget, itemising all costs for tools, apps and other re-sources/services.
- Ensure effective processes and mechanisms are in place for crisis communications and to relay urgent news.
- Excellent English language skills (written and spoken).
- Minimum of three years’ full-time PR experience in financial services.
- Impressive professional writing and editing skills (writing examples are re-quired, and a test will be given to shortlisted candidates).
- Track record in creating, managing, delivering and monitoring effective PR strategies, campaigns and media relations based on insight and evidence-based research.
- Strategic thinker and content planner, adept in managing deadlines and producing measurable outcomes.
- Proven ability to work well with senior management to understand the company’s business developments and priorities, how best to build PR around them, and to advise the management on reputational issues.
- Able to develop rapport, trust and great working relationships with all stake-holders.
- Proficient in Microsoft and Google applications, as well as PR channels and tools.
- Experience of working in fast-growing, multinational environments and adept in managing organisational change.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.