over 1 year ago
A 10 to 12 month contract, covering maternity leave, within a membership organisation managing high profile issues with a strong public interest. The Public Affairs Manager will lead on engagement with key stakeholders from government departments, politicians, third parties, think tanks and consumer campaigners.
- Take responsibility for identifying and handling potential reputational challenges for the industry.
- Manage the organisation/industry’s public affairs programme to deliver clear results – delivering a high profile events programme supporting the broader strategy,
- A strong strategic mind-set is required for this role along with the ability to demonstrate an exceptional understanding of how political/stakeholder engagement in with the campaigning ethos, which sits at the heart of the organisation.
- Work closely with the Communications Manager to design and deliver campaigns that will positively impact the reputation of the industry.
- Working alongside the Communications Manager, the Public Affairs Manager will lead on specific campaigns and projects.
- Demonstrate outstanding stakeholder engagement expertise. This role will lead on developing relationships with government, regulators, consumer groups and other key stakeholders.