A 10 to 12 month contract, covering maternity leave, within a membership organisation managing high profile issues with a strong public interest. The Public Affairs Manager will lead on engagement with key stakeholders from government departments, politicians, third parties, think tanks and consumer campaigners.
- Take responsibility for identifying and handling potential reputational challenges for the industry.
- Manage the organisation/industry’s public affairs programme to deliver clear results – delivering a high profile events programme supporting the broader strategy,
- A strong strategic mind-set is required for this role along with the ability to demonstrate an exceptional understanding of how political/stakeholder engagement in with the campaigning ethos, which sits at the heart of the organisation.
- Work closely with the Communications Manager to design and deliver campaigns that will positively impact the reputation of the industry.
- Working alongside the Communications Manager, the Public Affairs Manager will lead on specific campaigns and projects.
- Demonstrate outstanding stakeholder engagement expertise. This role will lead on developing relationships with government, regulators, consumer groups and other key stakeholders.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.