A newly created role for a Public Affairs Manager to lead on government relations for a transport organisation. The role will have overall accountability for the development, delivery and management of the organisations public affairs activity.
Key responsibilities include
- Leading on all engagement with MPs, local authorities, transport bodies and relevant industry groups
- Work across the wider communications team to develop the organisations public affairs strategy and that external messages are consistent.
- Ensure the organisation maintains its reputation and that they are seen as key to the debate
- Development of public affairs campaigns
Experience will include
- Significant public affairs experience is essential alongside wider communications knowledge
- Strong networking and relationship building skills
- Experience of the transport sector is advantageous but not essential
- Experience of regulated industry/crisis communications is essential
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.