about 1 year ago
Public Affairs Manager x 2
VMAGroup are currently working on an exclusive basis with a FTSE100 business who are making substantial and positive changes across their entire Corporate Affairs Function. As part of this growth we are recruiting for two Public Affairs Managers to join the PA & Policy team which is well respected across the business. These roles have been created at a time when the organisations external profile is exceptionally high and faces a number of challenges so the opportunity to make a significant impact in these roles is high.
Key responsibilities will include
- Enhance the external engagement across Westminster, Whitehall and with relevant lobbying groups such as ENA, EUK and CBI to improve organisatons reputation and influence
- Build the reputation and influence key stakeholders externally, be they parliamentarians or government through strategic corporate campaigns
- Collaborate across the business to lead the organisations relationships with UK politicians, civil servants and other key stakeholders such as business, trade associations, think tanks, academics and civil society
- Work with Public Affairs Senior Managers to pro-actively advise senior leaders on political intelligence and insight that will impact the business to support business development
- Maintain a network of external contacts including government and other stakeholders to promote company interests and pro-actively sharing intelligence from this activity back into the business
Your experience will include:
- Track record of building and maintaining an extensive external network across Westminster, Whitehall, relevant lobbying groups, business and trade associations, think tanks, academics etc
- Proven experience of successful campaigning at a senior level within an international, regulated, multi-stakeholder environment.
- Proven experience and knowledge of the key external industry and non-industry stakeholders (governmental, regulatory, NGOs, communities, agencies, industry bodies etc.).
- Experience of successfully working and influencing internal stakeholders in a large complex organisation, working in a collaborative manner to plan and deliver integrated campaigns.
- Able to prioritise and manage competing issues, working with and through others – maintaining high and consistent standards and alignment, working at pace and with minimal guidance.