£80,000 - £100,000
about 2 years ago
Proposals Senior Manager (12 month FTC) X 2
VMAGroup are working with a leading law firm to find a Proposals Senior Manager to join the Business Development team in London. This role requires gravitas and expertise in order to win the confidence of our clients partners, and help drive the ‘Client Driven Strategy’ which focuses on building client relationships, revenues, profitability and our clients brand. If you are an experienced Proposals Senior Manager, or Business Development Senior Manager with extensive pitch experience, this role offers you the opportunity to take your career to the next level working at an award winning firm. As Proposal Senior Manager, this role will involve leading the pitch process from beginning to end and you will be responsible for managing strategic, cross practice pitches for the Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region; working in conjunction with local and global resources.
The Responsibilities of the Proposals Senior Manager:
- This role will involve leading the pitch process from beginning to end, including: go/no go decision making; strategic planning and drafting of pitches; coaching lawyers on presentations; post pitch client reviews; pitch analysis and trends; sharing best practices and pitch statistics
- Ensure the highest standards of pitching best practice take place with key clients.
- Work closely with fee-earners to develop winning strategies and propositions for significant pitch opportunities, frequently covering several proposals simultaneously.
- Take responsibility for strategic and high-value proposals: driving the process; shaping the team; facilitating meetings; agreeing strategy, pricing and messaging; drafting and reviewing content from a sales perspective and coaching pitch teams.
- Conduct win/loss reviews for major proposals, identify themes from win/loss reviews conducted across the firm and take action appropriately.
- Respond to ad hoc queries from across the firm as needed and identify trends in queries asked, and develop responses, e.g., a new tool.
- Manage communication and coordination within the practice-based BD manager’s team.
Personal specification of the Proposals Senior Manager:
- Credibility and Influencing – Demonstrate credibility and first-rate influencing skills in order to enthuse partners and shape their approach to pitches (due to the breadth of this role and the size of the firm, the post holder may not know the partners involved in the proposal and will have to build credibility from a ‘standing start’).
- Project Management – Prioritise time effectively and manage competing demands for support and advice. Enjoy working relatively autonomously and be comfortable with being a ‘swat team of one’, linking in with practice area Business Development Managers (for whom pitching is a large part of their roles) and drawing on other resources.
- Show strong project-management skills in order to lead the firm’s most important cross-team pitches successfully.
- Communication – Be effective at managing virtual teams, involving and drawing on the resources and expertise of local BD teams and other resources. Show sensitivity to local nuances in terms of proposals best practice, and be effective at building rapport with partners and BD professionals based across the firm’s network.
- Commercial Awareness – Have good commercial understanding of the markets in which the firm operates and be prepared to get up-to-speed on relevant products or sectors quickly.
- Diversity & Inclusion – Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm. Encourages diverse teams be put forward in all pitches.
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.