8 months ago
Product Innovation Manager ( Front End Innovation ) Food Products - 6 Month Contract to Permanent
A globally recognised business which made a huge impact in 2016 is looking to further grow their innovation offering. This FMCG business is looking to strengthen a number of their food brands by bolstering their innovation, marketing and brand teams.
The Innovation Team is newly formed and sits as a key part of the Marketing Team. As the Senior Front-End Innovation Manager, you will report to the Innovation Director. Your focus will be at the front-end of the Innovation process.
Strong agency experience is most welcome for this role. As this will require the successful candidate to quote - “Getting their hands dirty is important”
Accountable for the Sweet/Savoury Portfolio of Brands, Front-End innovation strategy
Develop a strong portfolio management approach to create a pipeline to success
Identify white space opportunities, grounded in strong consumer insight and translate them into a Pipeline of winning concepts to drive incremental penetration to achieve the ambitious Innovation Strategy Plan growth targets
Accountable for creating and optimising the approach to delivering inspiring Ideation Workshops – that create a strong pool of winning ideas to pass Gate 1 and progress through winning concepts that meet the Gate 2 action standards
Develop a systematic Idea Inspiration Programme that (a) inspires and captures ideas from employees and (b) captures and reviews winning competitor products in market to inspire our concept development
Responsible for 1 direct report and guiding their creation of a winning pipeline of concepts for their specific Sweet/Savoury brands. Ensuring a sufficient pipeline to deliver to the action standards at Gate 1 and Gate 2
- Exceptional FMCG innovation and ideation experience, with a proven track record in how to create winning ideas, and strong growth platforms, inspired by insight and brand equity . Extensive experience accumulated in previous front end innovation roles
- Strong people management and coaching skills to ensure team growth and development
- Food and Product experience
- Experience of working in a very fast-moving challenging environment to deliver successfully
- Examples of success is key