Circa £30,000 - £38,000
almost 2 years ago
Fantastic opportunity for a strong press officer to join a well known FTSE 100 business in the FMCG/Retail sector.
- Build a good understanding of the issues, challenges and priorities for the business
- Support in the delivery of the communications and media relations strategy and plan
- Responsible for researching news angles and story leads, using insights and data to inform ideas and targeting
- Draft and fact check media materials
- Generate ideas for thought leadership initiatives
- Responsible for managing end to end reactive media enquiries
- Proactive and reactive media relations
- Working closely with the customer services team to support with communications
- Ability to identify emerging issues and have a strong news sense/hunger for the news & media
- You will be responsible for managing certain projects working with various stakeholders
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Digitally savvy with a strong news sense
- Experience working with the media and confidence in speaking with journalists
- Experience in crisis/issues management
- Ability to develop engaging and innovative media content for press releases and media statements
- Experience working in a fast paced press office both reactively and proactively is required. Ideally this will be from an FMCG/Retail background or another consumer facing business.
If you have the experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply with your CV ASAP.