My client is a high-profile trade association representing nearly 300 of the leading firms providing finance, banking, markets and payments-related services in or from the UK. It is also the UK representative on a number of international trade associations including the European Banking Federation, the European Cards Payments Association, the European Payments Council and the International Banking Federation.
As Press Officer you will:
- promote the image of the organisation and the industry through external communication
- Increase the organisation’s profile and enhance its reputation across all media, and with all relevant influencers and organisations
- Liaise with journalists, preparing press releases and press briefings
- Deliver the communications strategy for the association, ensuring alignment with the wider membership and the policy and engagement strategy
- Be part of a 24/7 busy press office, ensuring all media enquiries are handled quickly, accurately and effectively
- Build positive relationships with key journalists and influencers
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Support the Head of Media and press team in handling reactive day to day media relations: responding to press calls and drafting reactive lines, coordinating broadcast media bids, preparing press releases and press briefings
- Be part of an out of hours media service as part of a rota system (average one out of every five weeks)
- Build and maintain strong relationships with journalists as well as key trade publications
- Monitor news and breaking stories, developments online and social media - flagging to relevant internal teams
- Draft articles for media, CEO newsletter, blogs and speeches
- Monitor and analyse media coverage and produce regular ‘coverage reports’
- Identify proactive media opportunities to promote the organisation and industry
- Be aware of regulation surrounding industry and communications
- Substantial experience of working in a high pressure, fast moving, media relations team
- Substantial experience of generating proactive media stories of strong interest with the media
- Strong writing skills (writing tests will form part of the interview process).
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.