£30,000 - £35,000
about 2 years ago
**6 month FTC**
A British airline are looking for a Press Officer to join their communications team on a 6 month FTC. You will work closely with UK and European PR managers to ensure that the organisation has an efficient press office function.
You will be responsible for co-ordination and implementation of the company corporate communications strategy, reactively answering press office enquires, managing specific issues, writing and issuing press releases and managing the online press office and press officer twitter account.
Key Responsibilities include:
- First point of contact for media enquiries
- Administrative support to the UK and European Press Office Comms team
- Drafting press releases
- Sell positive media stories
- Proven media communications experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Remains calm under pressure with ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Experience of working with social networks
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.