International professional service firm is looking for a Press Officer based in one of its regional offices – Manchester, Leeds, Solihull, Nottingham or Sheffield to develop proactive news stories across national, regional and trade media and reactively be first point of contact for journalist.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with wider press team to drive proactive media outreach to build, maintain and protect reputation through coverage of major projects and thought leadership to support strategic must win activity.
- Manage a busy press office inbox and be first point of contact for journalists. You will be responsible for ensuring enquiries are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
- Write and develop impactful content for press releases, media pitches, opinion pieces, quotes etc.
- Advise experts across the firm on media relations via written and verbal media briefings, managing interview requests, attending interviews and reviewing content.
- Daily monitoring of coverage on a range of topics, flagging issues to colleagues in press office.
Candidates will need to be strong writers and experience of working in a press office. Ideally with understanding of the political landscape and key stakeholders.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent communications, digital and marketing recruitment and executive search specialist. Specialist practices cover corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, CSR, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP has offices in London, Manchester, Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.