£30,000 - £35,000
4 months ago
International professional service firm is looking for a Press Officer based in one of its regional offices – Manchester, Leeds, Solihull, Nottingham or Sheffield to develop proactive news stories across national, regional and trade media and reactively be first point of contact for journalist.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with wider press team to drive proactive media outreach to build, maintain and protect reputation through coverage of major projects and thought leadership to support strategic must win activity.
- Manage a busy press office inbox and be first point of contact for journalists. You will be responsible for ensuring enquiries are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
- Write and develop impactful content for press releases, media pitches, opinion pieces, quotes etc.
- Advise experts across the firm on media relations via written and verbal media briefings, managing interview requests, attending interviews and reviewing content.
- Daily monitoring of coverage on a range of topics, flagging issues to colleagues in press office.
Candidates will need to be strong writers and experience of working in a press office. Ideally with understanding of the political landscape and key stakeholders.