£30,000 - £40,000
5 months ago
Are you a corporate media relations professional with a passion for sustainability and the environment? My client is a FTSE100 global business with a focus on packaging and sustainability. Rapid growth and acquisition coupled with selling off all their plastics business means they have a great story to tell.
As Press Officer, you will sit within the newly formed Corporate Affairs function and will report into the Global Head of Media and Campaigns. You will be responsible for delivering a global media relations strategy, and execute high-impact communications campaigns that support my client’s purpose-driven narrative and values.
You will provide media relations excellence, campaign execution, create compelling news stories and press materials as well as issues management and reactive media handling.
- Building strong target media relationships and representing a FTSE 100 company in the national media.
- Deliver media relations strategy to support campaigns and corporate news such as financial calendar reporting.
- Handling media enquiries, escalating where appropriate, as well as providing senior counsel on media handling around potential crisis and issues
- Creating media-facing materials, including press releases and reactive statements, as well as securing media briefings for executives/senior leaders
- Proactive media relations approach – identifying and seizing opportunities in the media to promote and enhance reputation and corporate storytelling
- Solid experience in a press office, with both proactive and reactive media relations
- Great relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications, ability to adapt for a variety of audiences
- Experience working with or in a FTSE 100 or global B2B environment is highly desirable
If this sounds like you, apply now!