Are you a media relations specialist? Do you enjoy building the profile of a company, helping direct their narrative and would like to join a rapidly expanding team? One of the UK’s largest travel insurance companies is seeking a PR Manager to join their corporate team. Reporting to the PR Director your initial focus will be on reputation management and helping raise the company’s public profile. However, this is a broad role with plenty of scope.
- Develop and raise the company’s positive media profile, seeking coverage in print, broadcast and online media
- Coordinate corporate public relations activities across all channels – including traditional media, social media, website, and content, in conjunction with other marketing functions
- Help deliver campaigns to support consumer brand PR
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Research, write, edit and distribute press releases to targeted media
- Develop the reputation measurement metrics for monthly internal reports
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness – identify opportunities for direct stakeholder engagement at industry events
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting insurance and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- Liaison with and management of external agencies
Key skills required:
- Comprehensive in-house media relations experience – agency experience with the right profile will also be considered
- Experience in corporate communications and dealing with negative media inquiries
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns in trade, specialist and national media
- Evidence of strong relationship-building skills to develop contacts in key target media
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Event planning experience
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.