£39,000 - £44,000 Plus London Weighting And Car Allowance
almost 3 years ago
A skills and careers industry body within construction are hiring a PR Manager to join them on a 12 month contract. You will effectively manage the Press Office to proactively develop and maintain the organisation’s reputation in trade and mainstream media. You’ll be the first point of contact on media issues and provide media support to the Board, Exec, Leadership Team and other colleagues.
- Manage the organisations reputation in the media and ensuring regular features and articles are placed in relevant trade, regional and national media
- Managing the media relations team based in London, Scotland and Wales with the drive and ambition to develop talent within the team
- Managing the press team, including proofreading and editing copy and ensuring work is delivered on time and to a high standard
- Develop and manage a crisis communications strategy in collaboration with risk managers across the organisation
- Experience in a busy press office
- Experience in managing a team
- Analytical skills in order to be able to evaluate factual information
- Experience in contributing towards planning, budgeting and policy development
- Communication, influencing and diplomacy skills
Travel as required throughout UK, particularly to team members in Scotland and Wales.
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.