£48,000 - £51,000
11 months ago
Global professional services firm based in the heart of London’s West End are seeking a PR Manager to join their busy team on a 12 month fixed term contract.
Reporting to the Head of Communications, this role will lead and manage an existing UK and international press office team. Building relationships with senior level stakeholders and press teams in other regions within the firm, this role will be responsible for managing the delivery of press office activity – both reactive and proactive – whilst also providing counsel to senior business leaders on matters regarding PR.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Determining and overseeing delivery of PR and media relations activity for region
- Liaising with senior level internal stakeholders and prioritising PR activity in line with Group strategies
- Working with external clients, partners and communications teams from other organisations to ensure delivery of PR activity around projects and partnerships
- Maintaining positive external reputation for the firm through proactive and reactive press coverage and media relations activity
- Line management of existing team in house, and a retained PR agency
- Providing advice and support on media relations for spokespeople
- Budget management
- Providing crisis, issues and reputation management advice, support and messaging where appropriate including shared out of hours support as needed
Skills and experience desired:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar PR, media relations or press management position
- Line and agency management experience
- Confidence to build strong relationships with senior stakeholders, internally and externally
- Excellent PR writing skills and oral communication skills
- Professional services background, in house or agency, would be preferable but by no means essential
- Ability to work well under pressure and time constraints and stay calm in the face of a potential crisis
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.